Creating your video
The submission deadline is October 12, 2010.
This is your chance to be a tour guide without leaving home!
You just need to answer one question in your video: What’s so awesome about one of Canada’s national parks?
To enter the contest, create a video that:
- Tells viewers what’s so great about one of Canada’s 42 national parks (learn about them here)
- Educates, entertains, and shows off your skills as a park guide
- Is no longer than 2 minutes
Submitting your video
- Go to YouTube and click “Upload”.
- If you are a YouTube member, login and upload your video to your YouTube account. If you are not a YouTube member, follow the instructions to sign up for membership (there is no fee to become a member)
- Upload your video to your YouTube account.
- Visit the contest “Add New Video” page at URL to register and submit your video for the contest. You will be required to provide your contact information, the name of your video, your video’s unique YouTube URL, and which National Park your video is about, and you be required to agree to the Rules.
If you customize your video information, please make sure your Broadcast Options are set to “Public – Share your video with the world! (Recommended)” and your Sharing Options for “Embedding” is set to “Yes, external sites may embed and play this video”.
Once your video is approved, it’s time to get the word out! Send the link to your friends, post it on Facebook and Twitter, blog about it, and call your grandmother. Ask everyone to vote for your video, and increase your chance to win!
The top voted video for each park will win a prize, and the top 10 voted videos on the site will go to final judging for the top three prizes.